Castle of Tavigny


The building of the castle of Tavigny dates to th upper Middle Ages, and maybe it was only a refuge tower that is now the central part of the castle. Its walls are long 10 meters, thick 2 meters and they had plenty of arrow slits. The lordship of Tavigny belonged at first to a family who wore already its name, but in 1360, it was already owned by the Ouren family, a powerful Middle-age family from the dutchy of Luxembourg. The central tower that was enclosed in walls with round towers in the corners got transformed little by little in a seignorial residence. The narrow windows and the arrow slits got substituted by large great picture windows and they made a very nice Louis -XIII- style ensemble

moteur de recherche Caravelis - informations touristiques SITA